21st Century Leaders (21CL) is accepting applications for high school students in Georgia to attend one of our 2023 summer leadership institutes and to become a member of the state-wide youth leadership organization. If accepted, students will not only attend an experiential week on a college campus with diverse peers, they’ll also have access to our other programs offered throughout the year – fall and winter summits, online learning platform, special opportunities and more – for the rest of high school!
EarthCare is our STEM-focused institute supported by the Georgia Power Foundation; our other institutes include the business-focused SYLI@Goizueta and the healthcare-focused Healthcare & IT Institute.
- Students must submit an online application to their preferred institute and then get a teacher, counselor, or youth leader to submit a separate recommendation form online.
- Student Application: https://www.21stcenturyleaders.org/student-programs/summer/
- Recommendation Form: https://www.21stcenturyleaders.org/student- programs/recommendation-form
- Current high school freshmen, sophomores and juniors (public, private or homeschool) in the state of Georgia may apply. No prior leadership experience is required, just an interest in developing as a leader!
- The deadline for applications is March 1st for SYLI or HII and March 15, 2023 for EarthCare. Applicants will be notified of their application results by email in early April.
- Final selections are the responsibility of 21st Century Leaders. Applications and recommendations are reviewed and rated by trained 21st Century Leaders volunteers and corporate professionals.
- 21CL will select 100 diverse students for the 2023 summer institute and make every effort to include students from all areas of Georgia.
- There is NO cost for students to attend EarthCare; financial coverage is available for the other institutes so finances should be of no concern to students who are accepted to attend.
- EarthCare 2023 will take place as a residential program on the campus of Georgia College & State University in Milledgeville, GA. Accepted students will need to be dropped off on Sunday, June 11 and picked up on Friday, June 16.