Happy Weekend IA Families,
Thank you for all who have taken the perception survey. This is a great way to give feedback to us about our performance and let the district know how you are feeling about IA’s work.
You can complete the survey here: https://tinyurl.com/FCSSurvey-Parents.
This week I shared an update with the PTSO during their general meeting. I’d like to thank them for all the work they have done supporting our students and staff.
I’ve attached the full presentation, but I’ll share the highlights here.
- We are about to enter the testing season with AP Exams, End of Course Exams, and End of Pathway Assessments.
All the dates are in the presentation, but there are a few important points to emphasize.
· The State DOE has made End of Course exams mandatory for students enrolled in their respective courses. If a student does not take the exam, they will get a zero on that assessment which is 20% of their overall grade.
· The End of Pathway Assessments are required for juniors in their third year of a pathway. However, the assessment is not attached to their grade in the class. Also while it is required to take the assessment for the magnet seal at Innovation Academy, they are not required to pass it. We just ask them to put in their best effort.
- AP Exams alternate dates are NOT designed for make ups of a test that a student misses. It is for students who have two exams that are given in the same testing window.
- Scheduling for next year is wrapping up. Thank you to Ms. Lundy and our incredible counseling team who have refined this process. Thank you also to all of our parents who have managed this complex process hand in hand with their students.
- Budgeting for next year has closed. We are paying close attention to the feedback we get from families, and I have made several adjustments to our budget to help with communication and student support.
- Purchasing an extra counseling position
- Staffing a Tutoring Center (primary focus on Math)
- Staffing College and Career Center
- Additional staffing for support with communication
- Our graduation team has been working hard to put together a timeline for our seniors next year. Ms. Browning is sharing this further down in the Beacon. We don’t have all the dates yet, as they are dependent on external calendars, but we do have information for the summer needs and a general timeline for next year.
- Showcase is coming again. Please save the date for May 17 in the morning or May 18 in the afternoon. Last year, IA Showcase was an incredibly rewarding event for the teachers and students. We’d love to have parents at the event.
Thank you as always for your support.